Monday, May 3, 2010

2010 Race Schedule

Well, I am going to confess about my "spectacular" running this weekend - 0 miles!!!!!!!!! Just was too lazy to do anything, and really capped off an "amazing" 12 mile week with a missed long run yesterday. Opted for an afternoon round of golf with Pat instead and judging by how tired I felt after the round, I guess that could be considered as cross training :) Regardless, I feel like I deserved a 2 week period of rest and light running to recharge my batteries, so today it begins again!

After thinking about what I wanted to do the rest of the year, I decided to target the 1/2 marathon in the fall. In the meantime, will get in basic mileage and work on speed to really try to move to that next level. Signed up for a few races to help motivate me, and there will be more racing to be done this summer. This Saturday, I am 80% sure I am going to run the TABC 5K - I ran this in 2008 and finished 2nd overall, and it's a smaller race but well run and about 10 minutes away from my house. Not to mention, the awards in that race freaking rock :) Next, in a few weeks, I'll run the St. Louis Science Center Run for the Stars 5K. I ran the 10K last year, and won my age group so have some good memories from there. Ken and I actually ran the 5K in 2006 so I think with a good day, I can place pretty high. I think a few speed sessions should get me back into decent shape - this course has light hills, and will be a good workout at the very least. Crystal is running as well as a couple other friends, so we should have a good time regardless.

BolderBoulder 10K the weekend after, but realistically this will be just a good training run as altitude destroys me. I am excited to get to experience one of the biggest road races in the country, as this one has been on my list of races to run in the U.S. Shane and Marc signed up for the race too to run with Tim, Trish, and I, so should be a fun Memorial Day weekend :) Next in June, I am going to sign up for the Steamboat Classic in Peoria. I ran this race in 2006 with Ken and my boy Ryan, and Candace kind of talked me into running with her this year. It is a fast road race, and a lot of fun - not to mention, I will be home already for Father's Day, so works out perfect. She will push me hard, and I should run this race pretty fast and shatter my P.R. Considering the Bix 7, but we'll see on that. Finally, picked out my fall 1/2 marathon on a complete impulse - the Philadelphia 1/2 Marathon. I did absolutely no research on this one, but a good excuse to get to D.C. to visit Shane, Marc, and Josh (D.C. is a short 3 hour drive to Philly), and supposedly fast. Assuming they do start corrals, I should be more up front, and can make an assault on the 1:25 barrier which I am thinking is very reasonable.

So those are my races/goals for now for 2010, and the quest begins tonight at the Big River group run!

No comments:

Post a Comment