Friday, May 21, 2010

I suck

this week at running - ugh, been a little crazy, and have not gotten in very much mileage. There is no excuses, but I will be much better moving forward. Really quick, saw this article about Khalid that I thought was pretty interesting - one of the all-time marathon greats!

Saturday, ran 5 easy I think? I actually can't remember. Sunday, did long run with Pat, Crystal and Mike. Weather was overcast and cool, and we purposely went pretty slow. Picked it up a little at the end, those two crazy ones took off at the end and I had nothing left. Nice workout, felt good to get in a decent long run. Total mileage: 10 miles - average mile pace was 8:22 I think.

Monday, opted out of the group run because of impending crappy weather, then just got home and hammered out a few easy miles in the drizzle. Felt pretty sore starting out, but felt very loose when I finished up. Total mileage: 4 miles - no idea splits, went pretty easy.

Tuesday, slept all afternoon, rain killed any chances of any workout. Wednesday, don't remember but I think I ran 3 easy, nothing special to report. Thursday, got out late for a run. Did a modified fartlek, where I pretty much just picked out landmarks instead of doing by time. Felt really loose, and the weather was very cool outside. After the first mile, really hammered out the hard portions of the fartlek, but felt kind of lethargic/out of shape which might be from all the unstructuredness of this week. Total mileage: 3+ miles - time out was 22 minutes.

Going to try to do an easy jog after work tonight (pending weather). Running the St. Louis Run for the Stars 5K tomorrow with some friends. No expectations, more like a training run quite honestly - tough course, and I hope to run a more even race as opposed to my kamikaze race a couple weeks ago (albeit, a win!). Still working out the kinks of getting back into it, but progress is being made :)


Big River Running Festival of Miles is tomorrow night over at SLU High School. Great event for a great cause, and hopefully they will have a huge turnout for what is becoming one of the more premiere running events in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment