Friday, May 7, 2010

Back to Racing...

Cool article I found at the Running Times - it is pretty much a State of the Union on marathons. The 1/2 Marathon has grown almost 10% in terms of finishers, and is becoming more and more popular. NYC has the largest marathon in 2009 - in fact, the largest ever!

So on the eve of my first race since the marathon. Not sure what to expect, as 0 speed work has gotten accomplished in almost 2 months. Ran on Wednesday after work on my friend's treadmill - did 4 miles at 7:30 pace, felt pretty good. Hamstring was still tight, which was the reason I passed on the speedwork yet again. Didn't run yesterday, but will do 3-4 tonight pretty easy. But the good news is I feel pretty good today (nothing too sore) and with a good night's sleep and hopefully a good warmup tomorrow morning, I should be ready to go! No time goals, just hope to run a solid race, and breaking 19 minutes would be nice. An age group prize would be nice too :) I really have no idea what kind of shape I am in, and this is the first week that running hasn't felt very difficult which means my recovery is almost complete.

On a side note, Big River Running unveiled their newest jersey, which I picked up today. Very similar to the black one I wore in Boston, just in dark gray, and super cool! Will give it a test run tomorrow, when I lace it up for the TABC 5K - think good thoughts for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment