Wednesday, May 26, 2010

3 more days...

until I will be back in beautiful Denver! Excited to see Tim and Trish, and as an added bonus Shane and Marc will also be visiting. We are all running the BolderBoulder 10K on Memorial Day, so should be a complete blast! Found a cool article concerning the race - really, really wish I could be more competitive, but just not realistic given my current level of shape and altitude adjustment. Talked with Marc a little bit over the weekend, and both of us decided to commit to a solid week of running/working out before the inevitable destruction of us in Colorado.

Good running so far this week. Monday, waited until it cooled down a bit. Weather was humid, but a lot cooler and a good breeze. Did a small loop on the trails, then back through town. Didn't go too hard, but noticed some cramping on the 4th mile. Still, felt nice to be out and doing a night run - something that hasn't happened in a while, and what I did exclusively for 2 years. Total mileage: 6 miles - no idea how long I was out for.

Yesterday, couldn't get up early like I wanted to, but did successfully talk Crystal into doing a few miles with me in the P.M. Weather was sunny, hot, and humid, but it isn't going to get much better here on out so I just need to suck it up. Wanted to get in a little more, so ran 1.5 and met her on the trail, then we did 4 together. Walked back to their house to say hi to Pat, then ran back home. Total mileage: ~7.5 miles. Average split of the 4 miles I did with Crystal was 8:20ish.

Feel ok, a little fatigue but to be expected since I haven't really run much in the last month. Long run tonight with Mike and Crystal at a very S-L-O-W pace, then will wrap it up with something smaller on Thursday before heading out west!

No comments:

Post a Comment