Friday, May 14, 2010

Track work!

Ryan Hall Super Slow Motion - 2010 Boston Marathon from Runblogger on Vimeo.



Ryan Hall at the Boston Marathon in super slo-mo - AWESOME!

Mark this on your calendar - Wednesday June 2nd has been designated as the 2nd annual National Running Day! This day is used to promote running as easy, healthy and very accessible form of exercise used to combat some of our nation's pressing health problems. Everyone remember to get out and get in a few miles that day!!!

Yesterday, took a monster nap after work, which fortunately worked out well with the ridiculous rain that brushed through the area. Harbored evil thoughts of skipping my run/postponing it till Friday (thank God I didn't, the rains this morning were 1000X's worse!) but eventually dragged myself out to the track during the halftime of the Cavs/Celts Game 6 for my postponed track workout. Weather was cool and breezy, absolutely perfect actually. Was dark, but I have done so many track workouts at night that it didn't phase me. Actually had some company on the track, as there was a girl doing mileage before and after I had gotten there - good for her! Did a quick warmup - legs were a little tired, but was ok to run. Wanted to do a reverse ladder (1600, 1200, 800, 400) - plan was to hit the mile at 5K pace, then try to get a little faster as I went down the ladder. Short jog/water breaks in between, I had a basketball game to get back to! Hit all my splits a little faster than I wanted to (5:38/4:12/2:43/1:14) , but never felt like I was pushing too hard with the exception of the 400 where I let loose a little, but even then wasn't going terribly hard. All my quarter splits were pretty consistent which was a good feeling. Felt a little sluggish starting out the reps, but not surprising seeing I haven't hit the track in a couple months. Nailed this workout, felt great doing so. Total mileage: 3 miles

Legs feel pretty good today, and right on track where I want to be at this point. Easy running all weekend, long run with Mike and Crystal on Sunday. Best of luck to Tim who is running the Colfax Marathon this Sunday - he has been training his butt off this spring, and I know he is going to run a great race :)

No comments:

Post a Comment