Friday, May 28, 2010

Denver Bound (again)!


Time for Round 2 of Denver for 2010! Bags are packed, ready to board my flight later this afternoon and see all my good friends that will be there for a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend! Before getting on to my last couple days of running, here is a good article I found about possibly the greatest sprinter of all time, Usain Bolt.

Wednesday, did my scheduled long run with Mike on the trails. Was raining that day, but helped out with the crappy temperatures by basically cooling everything off. Really never hit any big downpours which was awesome, and the temperatures dropped almost 20 degrees for the impending storms that never happened. So basically ran in 70 degree temps in drizzle/light rain, which I will take 10/10 times :) Both of us didn't want to push it, so we started out pretty slow. Sort of picked it up in the mid miles, but at the end really slowed it down the last 2 miles. Went by pretty fast, good conversation, and my legs were definitely getting a little tired by the end due to the spike in my mileage this week. Total mileage: 10+ miles - average split was 8:30ish.

Yesterday, off - just ran out of time, and decided to switch my off day with today. Today, did a morning run on my friend's treadmill. Intending on slow, but felt great with the day off and hadn't done any speed work this week so just sped up as the miles went. Last mile, approached 10K pace (a little slower), and felt pretty good. Didn't feel like I pushed it at all, which is always a good sign. Total mileage: 4 miles - splits were: 7:30, 7:05, 6:50, 6:30.

So finally piecing together a solid running week (at 27 miles currently), and we have a couple runs planned out this weekend that sound amazing. Going to Red Rocks on Saturday for a run out there (Trish lives pretty closeby), and most likely a Washington Park run on Sunday, as well as hanging out in the park. The race is early on Monday morning, and should be a super fun time. I have no goals, other than to have a good workout, try not to burn out, and have a great time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment