Friday, February 19, 2010

Treadmilling Continues...

Ugh, regretting not running the Mardi Gras 1/2 Marathon - look at this lineup! Wanjiru, Lel, Goumri, Kibet?! This is like the freaking Kenyan nationals, as well as other elites! Too bad Ryan Hall isn't running as originally planned, that would have been quite a battle, and I suspect we may have a few sub 60 minute times next weekend.

Wednesday, pretty tired after work, am still sort of sick so opted for treadmill running. Watched the Olympics while I did it, which made it go by so fast. Absolutely motivating to watch those events, really had to keep myself from taking off. Pace felt good, slightly faster than I originally planned, but could handle it fine. Could have ran a lot longer. Stretched afterwards, watched Shaun White tear it up and win the Gold for the USA which was AWESOME. Total mileage: ~5.5 miles - took about 45 minutes total.

Thursday, had plans to go see Daniel Lee perform - Lee is the principal cellist for the St. Louis Symphony, and absolutely an amazing talent. Was pretty time crunched, so did treadmill running at my friend's place. Was scheduled to do a 2 mile time trial, but didn't have a track or a GPS watch, so opted for the treadmill. Sort of changed my mind to have an easy workout, and it turned into a cutdown tempo. Didn't feel too great after a couple miles, but slowly got in my groove. Felt really good at the end, could have done 2 more at cutdown if forced to. Light stretching afterwards, another day of no corework but will do light drills tonight to make up for it. Total mileage: ~7.5 miles - estimated splits were: 7:30, 7:20, 7:10, 7:00, 6:50, 6:40, 6:30.

So runs are starting to get better, I was worried since it had been a while since I've had days where I've felt pretty good. Definitely going to enjoy the day off today, long run Saturday, then pace run on Sunday to round out a good running week. TGIF!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment