Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl Weekend!


My buddy Marc sent me this article about racing and your ideal weight which I thought was interesting. I have gotten down to 160 at times for racing, but usually fluctuate around 165-170 depending on how bad my diet has been during that time. Amazingly, I was closer to 170 for Chicago last year, but still ran a great race so no complaints there. For Boston, would love to get down to 155 to see how I would run then, but my discipline on diet is just awful right now as I'm eating literally everything in sight!

Wednesday, got in a nice run after work with Stacy over at Creve Couer Park (see picture). This park is located pretty close to work, and I'm ashamed to say I had never run it before. The running/bike trails pretty much circle this gigantic lake, and is very scenic and full of people. Was chilly outside and breezy, and we did a nice run all the way around. Nothing special to report, pace was fine and felt good when we finished. Total mileage: 4 miles - forgot the splits, but we ran for roughly 38 minutes.

Yesterday, had my scheduled tempo. Weather was looking ominous for the evening and Friday, so got home as quickly as possible to get in my run. Was cool and breezy again (30's) and once again overcast. I swear we've seen the sun like twice this year! Did a warmup to the trails, wanted to do the same loop I did last week which is relatively flat with a few hills in the middle, but pretty open in those middle miles which allows wind to be a factor. Quick side note - a reoccurring problem I am starting to see with my Garmin is that pace/mile jumps so much, that is almost impossible to gauge how fast I am really going, especially since I typically just glance at my watch here and there. Went out pretty hard, caught myself getting too fast so slowed it down. Was getting tired on the second mile, hit the third hard to get out of the wind. Last mile, had a nice pep talk with myself to try to relax and ease through the final mile, which kind of worked. Total mileage: 6 miles - splits on tempo were: 6:08, 6:19, 6:11, 6:10.

Felt like poop afterwards, went too fast but was pretty happy to nail this workout. Cooldown was sort of rough, and since I walked a quarter mile of it intended on going back out later to get in another mile or 2 but totally failed in that endeavor. Going to enjoy the day off, Saturday long run with Crystal and Super Bowl Sunday pace run as well. Hoping for a great game, both teams are deserving to win so good luck to both!

No comments:

Post a Comment