Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick

Totally crapped out on my workout yesterday. Had a rough day at work coughing up a lung/sneezing, and went home feeling like complete garbage. Dressed up, decided to give it a go, went up the track. Was sunny and breezy, and a bit chilly (30's?). Did quick warmup, jumped right into the 2 mile rep. Legs felt ok, and went out too fast but slowed down to even it out since I knew I needed to conserve any energy that I had. Went through the first mile at 6:01, noticed my quarter splits were slowing down even though my effort level seemed to be picking up since I was trying to fight through it. Did another quarter, slowest split yet, quit on the spot. Jogged about a half mile, ran one more quarter hard to see where I was at - 1:32, this workout wasn't going to happen today. Packed up my things, went home.

Met up with Pat, Crystal, and Stacy at the new pizza place in town called Peel. This place makes wood fired pizzas of many varieties, and we tried a few different ones, all of which were good. The undisputed winner was the chicken gorgonzola pizza, just delicious! Made myself eat a ton, went home, chugged half a bottle of Nyquil, and immediately went to bed. Feel a little better today, definitely slept like a rock which was nice. Might get in my easy run tonight a la treadmill, if I don't feel too worse later.

1 comment:

  1. They serve excellent pizza and wings. Some of the best pizza in the area. They have 2 locations. One location is in O’Fallon IL and the other is right outside Scott AFB.





    Address: 711 W Hwy 50 O’Fallon, IL, 62269

    Phone: (618) 726-2275

    business email: brittany.flament@yahoo.com

    Learn more: FlamentCo's The Place

    ReplyDelete