Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Go away snow...

Snow is killing my workouts right now. Going to have to treadmill it up the rest of this week and who knows how much longer? Just looked at my Boston countdown clock - Boston is only 68 days away!

Monday, got in quick run after work. Was pretty nasty outside, snowing a little and just ominous clouds everywhere. Did a different loop on the trails (for variety), snow and ice patches everywhere so kept it slow. Didn't bring a watch, just ran around for a while. Total mileage: ~5.25 miles.

Tuesday, had to keep the run indoors. Snowed on Monday night, and the cold temperatures made the trails I'm sure even more slick. Went to Pat and Crystals for my speedwork (8X600 at 5K pace) - wasn't particularly looking forward to running repeats at a high pace, but actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Did a warmup and jumped right into it. Struggled with the first couple, but the rest of the reps flew by pretty quickly. Quickened the pace the last few, felt pretty good by the last one, definitely was nice not to be battling the cold/nasty winds outside. Did quick coooldown, quit before I wanted to because I was getting bored, but still got in solid mileage. Total mileage: 6 miles - 600's ranged from 2:06-2:10.

Crystal made a wonderful dinner afterwards - enchilada casserole, yummy! Body/legs were feeling like complete garbage all weekend, but feel pretty decent today. Have been battling a bum ankle for quite a while now - was nice to have the comforts of the treadmill, allowing myself to take it easier so I actually feel really good right now. Maybe treadmilling it for a few more days won't be so bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment