Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tired and Beat Up...

is how I feel right now. Body is just worn out, from jumping back into good training and crazy work schedule. This weekend will be nice to sleep in a ton, and try to catch up with as much rest as possible! Found this cool little interview with U.S. Olympian Brian Sell, talking about post professional running and what he is up to right now.

Monday, dragged myself outside pretty late after coming soooo close to skipping my easy run. Weather was cool and breezy outside (low 30's), was a rough run for me mentally because I was pretty much whining to myself the entire time how tired I was. In that sense, went by kind of fast. Did a loop around my neighborhood, nothing special to report. Legs felt tired. Total mileage: 5 miles - no idea time or splits, went sans watch and didn't pay attention but guessing 40-45 minutes. Stretching and corework afterwards.

Yesterday, ended up working pretty late and consequently didn't get in my scheduled track work until much later. Went out to the middle school track, did the crappiest warmup possible because I just wanted to get at it. Weather was low 30's and pretty breezy, which I wasn't very pleased about. Workout was 3XMile, 10-15 seconds faster than race pace. Was a little nervous about this one, since the last time I was on the track I could barely hit the pace I was aiming for for my 800's. Not the biggest fan of mile repeats, but this workout seemed to go by pretty fast which was a good feeling. First repeat felt pretty decent - went out slightly faster than I wanted to, but felt good at the end. Second was pretty much the same, felt deadened legs early but made it through with no problems. Third one, struggled a bit at the beginning, but hung on. Last 400, really had to tell myself to keep relaxing and just glide through. Hit a great split, was tired but very pleased. 3 mile cooldown afterwards, nice and slow through town. Total mileage: 6 miles - mile splits were: 5:50, 5:46, 5:44.

Nailed the workout, feeling like I'm not super slow anymore which is a good feeling. Dinner plans over in West County tonight, so doing easy run with Stacy after work at Creve Couer Park. The park is located really close to work, and have never run it before so looking forward to checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment