Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Update

Some quick news before moving on to my running reports. Paula wants a baby by 2012 - not a surprise here, she's been saying this all along and the timing makes sense as she makes one more push for a gold medal in 2012 London. My buddy Charlie Sunderlage made his marathon debut in the Seattle Marathon last Sunday, and WON - congrats on an amazing time (2:32) and an amazing victory!!! And finally, Ryan and Sara Hall were named Humanitarians of the Year, quite a great honor.

Friday night, made it home from a good week in Peoria. The weather here was the complete polar opposite than cold, rainy P-town, and enjoyed a nice run on Saturday. Went out in the late afternoon - perfect 60 degree weather. Did a quick out and back on the trails, was amazing to be running on more flatter ground which I was just flying on. Made it a point to run "comfortably" and not worry about time and splits. First couple miles felt pretty good, and just got in my zone. At the turnaround, ran slightly downwind which made me want to take off but didn't. Last mile, let my body have fun and picked it up. Never felt out of control, definitely a refreshing run. Total mileage: 6 miles - splits were: 7:18, 7:18, 7:33 (slightly long mile), 7:17, 6:42.

Sunday, 0!!!!!!!!!! Went out Saturday night with some friends that were in town, and had problems getting up. Ended up meeting up with Barrel and Trisha (who was in town briefly), so missed my small window of getting to run. Was pretty disappointed in missing yet another long run, and really wanted to hit high mileage this week. Got in 36 solid miles, but getting closer to where I want to be. Monday, got home and had PERFECT fall running weather. 50's and breezy, exactly what I want. Was supposed to do easy mileage, but hit a fast 1st mile and was feeling good, so let myself pick it up. Blazed through the second mile with no problem, decided to keep going another mile out on the trail since weekday trail runs are pretty much done now with it getting dark so early. Plus, I was forced to race the sun since the sun was already setting, and who wants to be in the woods in the dark? Flew through the 3rd, 4th, and 5th miles feeling pretty good, and tried to figure out how far I was going. 6th mile is very hilly, no problems and was cruising. Looks like all the hill work is paying off as my legs are definitely stronger. 7th mile is net downhill, let myself relax and decided to quit while I was ahead. Jogged 1 mile cooldown back home, stretched and was very pleased with my run. Total mileage: 8 miles - splits were: 6:55, 6:35, 6:29, 6:32, 6:35, 6:30, 6:31.

Actually technically PRed the last 10K, kind of wondering what I would have hit with race conditions. As stated before, my favorite run are the fast tempos that feel effortless. Need to get in a solid 9 more days, as my Vegas trip lies around the corner so need to get my butt in shape!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment