Thursday, December 10, 2009

Next stop - Vegas!!!

Has been a quick week - let me fill you in on my running. Monday, completely crapped out and ran out of time. Went to dinner after work with Pat, Crystal, and Stacy, and was exhausted by the time I got home so nothing happened. Tuesday, the weather started to go nuts. Rained alllllllllll day/night, but fortunately squeezed in a quick run before lunch. Did a loop around Maryland Heights - hilly as crap, windy, and drizzling. Felt ok, and didn't push it too much. Total mileage: ~5 miles - total time out was 38 minutes.

At night, hung out with my buddy Dave. We did one of his P90X DVD's, which was plyometrics. I don't do plyometrics too much, but totally need to more. Did the entire DVD, which was roughly an hour long. My God, it absolutely tore me up!!!! It's just a series of quick drills - squats, lunges, etc., and just nonstop. I was hobbling around like an old man afterwards, and my hammys were just shot. Wednesday, went for a run after work in some AWFUL conditions. Temperature plummeted to arctic like conditions, and was as windy as I have ever seen that day. Not to mention, I was so sore I could barely move. Did a quick warmup, then suffered through a rough run. High teens, 40 mile per hour winds, not much to report other than it was a survival of the fittest. Almost quit after 4, but plodded along. Legs were failing, but need to get in mileage. Finished, and stumbled inside to get away from the cold and wind. Total mileage: 7 miles - total time out was around an hour.

So got in some ok mileage so far this week, and a spectacular drills session. We'll see how running in Vegas goes - crappy weather predicted (rain), but will have plenty of running partners around so hopefully can squeeze in 2 solid runs out in Sin City!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment