Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



Cool interview I found with World Record holder Zac Freudenberg. Still amazing he could run 2:32 with a stroller - wow!

Quick recap of my running over the holiday week. In a nutshell, my entire week was run, sleep, eat - pretty disgusting. Wednesday, slept in and woke up to get in an easy run. This was my designated easy day, so didn't push too hard. Did a small loop around town, was very groggy and it was overcast and windy. Middle miles were flat which was extremely nice as the area around my parent's house is all long hills. Cruised through it all, felt pretty good. Total mileage: 4 miles - splits were: 8:32, 8:24, 8:14, 8:04. In the p.m., did a quick 4 mile run. Since it was dark, stuck to the sidewalks and pretty much ran through all hills. Legs were tired, so didn't push very hard. Was slightly raining, never fun but this workout needed to be done with the huge day of eating which awaited. Total mileage: 4 miles - total time was 35 minutes flat.

Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving! Slept in again, Anne made it in and we all hung out for a while. Ate a ton of food early, and pretty much vegetated through the day. Shane texted me, and he ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot in 32:27 PR which is absolutely amazing! Congrats Shane!!! So got my lazy butt up later in the afternoon., and decided to get in a hard tempo. Weather was cold and windy, low 40's/high 30's. Legs felt ok, but certainly wasn't looking forward to the nasty hills. First mile felt pretty good, but hills started to get me by the 2nd mile. Completely lost my desire and shut it down after the 2nd mile which I was not pleased about. Jogged the next few miles, and pushed it hard the last 1.5 miles. Happy to get in some miles, not happy with the effort. As it has been over the last month, made the excuse of it being a holiday and already running a ton this week, plus the monster hills. I wish I was more motivated right now. Total mileage: 6 miles - splits were: 6:12, 6:34, next few miles were 8 something, last mile was 6:30's.

Ate a billion lbs. of food, spent some quality time with the family, very nice holiday. Friday, slept in, woke up to get in a quick run. Needed to work off some of the calories from Thanksgiving, plus was a little mad at myself for lack of running effort in yesterday's tempo. Supposed to be my scheduled day off, so didn't really push it. Did an out and back, ran slow and just enjoyed the nice sunny day, despite the cold. Total mileage: 2 miles - no watch, but slow.

So still on pace for a monster week, have done some good corework and good stretching, so feel pretty decent right now. Would like to get in some miles after work today (yes I am at work). Just got word that Ken is not in town, so sucks I won't be able to see him/run with him, but still on track for now for a 15 miler. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment