Thursday, November 19, 2009

Almost the weekend!



Hilarious new Sportscenter commercial with the fastest man alive, Usain "Lightning" Bolt!

Last night, waited around for the rain to let up and went out for my easy run. Tacked on a couple extra miles since I had skipped Monday and had low mileage on Tuesday. Did an out and back towards downtown Glen Carbon, and was raining slightly and cold (40's). Felt ok starting out, and was probably moving a little faster than I would have liked. Funny how the rain has ways of speeding you up! I was pretty bundled up, so decided to let my body temperature gauge if I was going too fast (i.e. if I was getting hot, then slow down!). First mile, hit low 8's which felt phenomenal, and kept plodding along. Was getting faster on the 2nd mile, and 3rd mile has a pretty long downhill and I ended up hitting a fast split which was to be expected with the downgrade. Hit the hill coming back, and pushed through without trying to get too out of control. Totally let up when it flattened out, but still ended up going fast. Put myself in cruise control over the last couple miles and just coasted home - was pretty damp, but could have been worse. Thank God the rain didn't pick up, would have been a miserable run. Total mileage: 6 miles - didn't wear Garmin, but total time running was 46 minutes flat (8:09 first mile, roughly 7:40 average total so picked it up in the middle).

Planning on tempo tonight if weather cooperates, then something easy on Friday to make up for Monday's 0. Hopefully can pull my head out of my butt and get in a solid weekend running for once, before the holiday week (aka 5 lbs. weight gain). Headed to Peoria early in the week to hang out with the family, and would love to get in some solid miles in hilly Peoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment