Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Change of Season...

is messing up my system. With the time change, soooo difficult to get motivated to run, so I am thinking I need some race in the near future to get myself going. I promised myself this week would be the official beginning of my new training segment, and it has happened despite my body fighting against it!!! Hopefully I can snap out of this funk and get myself into gear, frustrating not to have that burning desire to push myself!

Monday, got home and checked the mail to see that the Boston Athletic Association had sent me my official confirmation for the 114th Boston Marathon, so that was very exciting news! In celebration, went out for a short run. Legs were pretty sore from Sunday's race, so didn't want to push too hard. Weather was pretty much perfect and a bit breezy, so did an out and back through town. Took about a mile for myself to feel pretty good, and never pushed it too hard. Nothing special to note, stretching afterwards felt heavenly. Total mileage: 4 miles - total time was 33 minutes.

Tuesday, blah. Am starting to get sick, so was a complete zombie at work all day despite a solid 8+ hours of extreme hibernation. Got home from work, completely passed out. Woke up, and had evil thoughts of pushing the run back which I knew would never happen. Had scheduled track work, but changed it up to medium distance run with strides at the end. Finally got my lazy butt outside, and felt decent. Weather was cool outside and windy. First mile felt pretty easy, and pushed it the 2nd mile. Stepped on a log which I couldn't see due to the complete dark, and twisted my ankle slightly which wasn't cool. Worked it out though, and slowed it down the next couple miles since was starting to breathe heavier than I would have liked. Felt better after the 4th mile, and decided to push it coming home. Hit the last 2 miles in what I thought was a fast clip, only to find out in complete disgust that I was running in low 7 minute pace which is just unacceptable for hard effort. Maybe being sick slowed me down? Who knows? But was happy with the run and decent effort, and will take it for now. Cooled down, then did 10 strides afterwards at hard effort, stretched like a madman. Total mileage: ~7 miles - the 6 mile run was roughly 44 minutes.

Tonight, something easy then will do more speed on Thursday pending how I feel. Still on schedule for 40+ miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment