Monday, May 4, 2009

Breaking News!!!

From a press conference held last week in St. Louis:

"Okay boys and girls the peer pressure was too much so I signed up for Chicago." - Pat Harriss


Ok, so it wasn't exactly a press conference (an email), but we received confirmation from Pat stating he was registered for Chicago!!! This is exciting times for me, as my entire race travel crew will be rolling in full force for Chitown this fall! Look out, Chicago!


Pat is running for the Diabetes Action Team, which is a nonprofit organization committed to the prevention and treatment of diabetes and to the funding of innovative, promising research aimed at finding a cure for diabetes and diabetes related complications. For added support, Crystal, Shane, Tim, and I also signed up for the team. I have never run for charity before, but obviously it is for a great cause and even more poignant since I will actually be running in honor of my buddy Pat who actually has diabetes. Please visit Pat's page and make a donation!


On a much more lighter note, this sets the stage for some interesting side plots within our group. Pat, Crystal, and I come full circle in our running careers as we revisit the settings of our marathon debuts. And on that tangent, comes the opportunity for myself to settle the score between Pat and I - he has not hesitated for one second over the last 4 years to let me know he defeated me in the 2005 Chicago Marathon. Believe me, I am relishing the opportunity to even the score :)

Also, the fierce rivalry between Tim and Pat will come head to head, as they battle it out for the ultimate bragging rights. Tim is currently 1-0 lifetime against Pat (2007 Nashville 1/2 Marathon), but Pat has the better PR's in the 1/2 and full marathon distances. Will this war of words ever end as this bitter feud spills over into the Windy City? Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment