Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Biggest Winner




Congrats to Helen for winning the Biggest Loser last night! I was pulling for Mike to win, but half expecting Tara to win as well seeing she had pretty much cleaned up the majority of the challenges throughout the season. Helen pretty much flew under the radar in the final, and ended up winning by a pretty slim margin. Regardless, all of the contestants were big winners, and I think I have added this program as a must-see for seasons to come! For fun, I decided to "show-off" my own Biggest Loser story. I never got to the levels of obesity that the Biggest Loser contestants were at and conquered, but definitely got a little obese in my own nature after almost a year of inactivity and excessive snacking. When I ran Chicago for the first time in 2005, I weighed about 195 lbs. 30 lbs. later, here I am!

Barrel and I - 2004


Barrel and I - 2008

Last night, went over to Pat's to watch the Biggest Loser finale and engaged in some hardcore ping pong action during the commercial breaks. Got home around 10, contemplated going to bed but decided to get in my workout quickly instead of stewing in my guilt later. Weather was cool and windy and a little bit of lightning in the horizon, so I picked out something close - the road which runs adjacent to my complex. It is definitely an incline, but not nearly as steep as the Ebbets field route we did 2 weeks ago, and about a quarter mile long. Did not bring a watch, and ended up doing 8 repeats with jog break in between. Put in a decent effort, ranging from 1:20-1:30 splits, and hit the last 2 repeats pretty hard. Legs felt ok - a little heavy towards the end, and could definitely feel some lactic acid buildup. With warmup/cooldown and jogs in between, got in about 4 miles total. Quick corework/stretching afterwards.

Tonight, pending weather conditions, easy 4-5. If it storms like crazy as weather.com indicates it will, I might take the day off and just focus on corework, light weights, and work with the foam roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment