Thursday, March 22, 2012

Poopy

is how I feel these days. But I digress, and continue on with a few articles. Haile is out of the Olympics, marathon record, Chris Solinsky, Paula in Athens, Alberto Salazar, Houston learnings, and the 1/2 Marathon State of the Union.

Tuesday, March 20th - 6 miles easy. Happy Spring! Gorgeous day to get in an easy run. Ran out and back on the trails towards Troy. Knee was jamming as usual, but not too much pain. I'm really paranoid about this, and spent a good 30 minutes looking in the mirror to determine if it was swollen or not. All I could figure out is I have odd shaped knees. No time to report, since I didn't have a watch.

Wednesday, March 21st - 4 miles. Track work with Mike, Crystal, and Tim. Warm day, but a bit windy. Got there a little late, and squeezed in a tiny warmup before jumping into the workout which was mile repeats and 200 meter repeats. Purposefully, did only 2 repeats for less stress on my knee so timed Mike and Crystal through their first mile (waaaay too fast). Hit the first mile feeling ok, quick one minute break, then jumped right into the second mile. Felt pretty good for the most part, but definitely sluggish since I hadn't been doing much speedwork. 4x200 meters to follow at mile pace, which definitely was hurting but made it through ok. Tough workout, but was happy. Cooldown nice and slow, then dinner and a couple pints at the Wooden Nickel! Mile splits were: 5:53, 5:53. 200 meter splits were: 35, 37, 36, 34.

So feeling ok and as ready as I'll be for Shamrock this weekend. Put together a group for the Competitive Team Competition for Big River, so looking forward to representing and hopefully placing in the top 3. I should run in the 31's, and should hit in the 30's if I'm feeling good...

No comments:

Post a Comment