Friday, July 16, 2010

Week Update

This is why Haile is the Emperor of running, and we're not.

On to running - Monday, got dragged out late for mileage and drills with Coach Crystal. Did ~2.5 up to the track, did heavy drill work, then ~2.5 back. Drills are definitely getting easier, but still tough and the recovery time is a good day or 2 before back to normal. Weather was overcast, but just ridiculously humid. No breeze didn't help things, as every minute one of us dropped an F bomb. The sweat stain I left on the black asphalt looked like a crime scene investigation. Total mileage: ~5 miles

Tuesday, wanted to do track work, but quite frankly legs were just too dead. Had a wonderful dinner at Pat and Crystal's (C made chicken tostadas - sooo good!), then made myself get out and run a few miles. Did out and back on the trail, was racing the sun. Trail was just muggy and was trapping in all the humidity, and the bugs were just swarming everywhere. I looked like the aftermath of a car windshield after a 1,000 mile cross country drive across the United States. Total mileage: 5 miles - total time out was around 40-42 minutes (no idea actually). Bugs swallowed: ~24

Wednesday, just another atrociously hot/humid day - heat advisory all week and the heat index was in the 110's! So we waited till late to do drills, and opted to meet at the track by car instead of running. Jogged a warmup, and was accompanied by some evening runners which was nice. Did the drills into a nice breeze for once, and hammered them out. Right I.T. band was killing me, so opted out of the run, plus I wouldn't have gotten it started till after 10:30 due to running around like a madman doing errands. No worries, will switch with Friday off-day. Total mileage: 1/4 mile - impressive, I know.

Thursday, another hot day, so another late start. Well, wanted to get in tempo, but didn't have time during the day to get on a treadmill. So did a late easy run, with now a sore left I.T. band (ugh). Did my Glen Carbon loop, was nasty outside but I'll take the evening heat index of 95 minus sun than the crap we've been having. Total mileage: ~3 miles - total time out was about 25 minutes.

Friday, got in a morning treadmill run. Did my tempo, which I was happy to get out of the way but will set up for a rough weekend of running. Felt actually really good, even though the legs were still sore but worked out the kinks after the first mile. Watched the British Open telecast on tv while running - I swear, watching sports and running = awesome runs for me! I just zone out and focus all my attention to sports. I need to strap a t.v. to my head when I run a race, and I will plow through some P.R.'s. Last mile of tempo, jacked up the incline to 2, then 3 which made it pretty freaking interesting. 2 miles cooldown, done! Total mileage: 6 miles - splits were: 6:40, 6:30, 6:30, 6:30, 7:52, 7:52.

So a decent week going - long run tomorrow morning with Crystal and Mike, then some sort of Sunday mileage. Considering running Mud Mountain 5K next weekend as a good workout, so will have to lay out some work for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment