Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oops!

The title is all about this - HILARIOUS! Read the comments too, I can't stop laughing! Also, Hall blogs about his Bix 7 experience - even though I have said before I wasn't sure about his "run with joy" mentality this year, it has to be awesome for him to be running races competitively and most importantly for fun. I mean if you aren't enjoying running at all, then it's really not worth the time commitment. Hoping his training for Chi is going well - he is going to need everything he has to break Khalid's record, but a 2:05 is certainly doable on that course and he has proven he has the ability to do so. Finally, a wrap up on Mud Mountain which contains interviews with the winners Zac and Candace.

Last night, got out to the track for my scheduled track work. Was supposed to do 3X1 mile fast, but was just worn down and had a contingency plan if it was too much. Pat and Crystal came up to do their own workouts, and there were a few others tearing it up on the track so was nice to have company. Was warm and pretty humid with relatively no breeze, and just immediately got into it. Did my first mile, felt decent and didn't go all out. But the last 300 meters, felt my heart rate start to skyrocket so tried to relax in between the next rep. Took a few minutes, then got into the next set. Hit 2:48 thru the half, but legs were mush and decided to go to the contingency plan and turn this into a reverse ladder and finished one more lap. Pretty bushed after that rep, and the 800 wasn't any better. On the 400, felt ok - got through 200 at 37-38 seconds, and felt like I had enough strength to really push it. When I was rounding the corner, saw Pat about 50-60 meters from the end, so just threw it into ludicrous speed to try to catch him. He got me, but I gave it a hell of an effort. Half mile cooldown with Crystal immediately afterwards. Total mileage: 3 miles - splits were: 1600: 5:43, 1200: 4:18, 800: 2:50, 400: 1:16

Usually on reverse ladders, I speed up the reps as the distances get shorter, but messed up a little on the 1200 and 800. I just didn't have it on those mid reps, and was struggling more than I am used to. Hit those later laps in the 1:28 range, which isn't good considering I was hitting the earlier laps in 1:22-1:24 range. I didn't have the strength and stamina last night, but these are all things to work on moving forward. Did heavy stretching, corework, and light weights when I got home.

This morning, legs were just shot. Was supposed to do 5+drills this morning with Crystal, but completely backed out because I knew it would be almost physically impossible to do it, and need some recovery for tomorrow's tempo. So at some point, I will hit some easy mileage tonight and work on stretching all day. Tomorrow, tempo run which I am dreading, but need to hammer it out hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment