Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy National Running Day!!!


Happy National Running Day!!! Hope everybody got out and celebrated with a nice, relaxing run today :) Articles are everywhere concerning this national holiday - here's one and another...

So last night, passed on a good opportunity to run on a nice, cool evening due to overall laziness (and a sore right knee), and decided to do a 2-a-day workout in today's honor. Just came back from my fartlek, out and back on a HILLY venue - weather was windy and COOL, high 60's and rainy, actually better than the crap I've been running in all week. Didn't wear my Garmin, but brought my Nike watch to keep track of minute intervals. Did kind of a hard warmup, then went at it. Hard efforts for my minute hard (high 5, low 6 minute pace), and I swear I started every single time on an uphill! At my turn around, had to stop for a minute to catch my breath - hills were absolutely killing me! Suffered on my way back, walked half my cooldown, and jogged in. Amazing how easily I can have bad days, I don't understand it at all. Total mileage: ~5 in about 40 minutes. Ugh

Tonight, going to do a very slow run, mainly to work on form and run out any kinks in my legs. Knee feels less sore, but not 100%. Probably an intense session with the foam roller, and good corework to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment