Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What is on my Ipod?

A common question that is asked by many people to me is "What is on my Ipod shuffle?" Runners World has been profiling people's playlists every so often, so I thought I would contribute my own little playlist. Quick music background - I have a pretty simple taste in music - I like pretty much everything, except for country. I played the cello since 2nd grade, so classical music is actually a strong favorite. The station on my car radio is stuck on 107.7, which plays the popular hits on the radio, so able to keep up with most of the current trends. My Ipod is full of everything, so picked out everyone on my current shuffle that I could think of. As you will see, very eclectic:

"1812 Overture" - Tchaikovsky: My prerace song that gets me in complete focus. I am ready for battle once the trumpets start blaring.

"Bye Bye Bye" - N Sync: Not quite sure how this song made my Ipod, but it did and I got used to it. Great song to start a run off with

"I Ran" - Flock of Seagulls: My running theme song - poignant and nostalgic, and summarizes the reason I started running again.

"Olympic Fanfare and Theme" - John Williams: Totally inspirational, who doesn't get chills listening to the Olympic Fanfare? It symbolizes excellence, only the best of the best can be considered Olympians.

"Your Love" - The Outfield: Don't know what it is about 80's music, but always a picker-upper for me. This song is one of the more underrated 80's songs out there

"Summer Love" - Justin Timberlake: Fun song, great beat. Ran to JT a lot last year, quite honestly can listen to any of his stuff while running

"Alive" - POD: song that makes you feel good

"Without me" - Eminem: I don't think any song list is truly complete without Slim Shady

"Beautiful People" - Marilyn Manson: Angry song, very intense - makes me run a lot faster when I hear it

"Pon de Replay" - Rihanna: Really clubby feel to it, definitely gets me going. Actually have quite a few songs of her

"Toxic" - Britney Spears: Britney got me through some of my earlier races - she is a piece of work, but her music is amazing to work out to.

"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" - Starship: Another cheesy 80's song that I actually like. "Take it to the good times, see it through the bad times, whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do"

"Turn Me On" - Kevin Lyttle
: Total dance song - not a big dance song fan typically, but perfect for running

"Send Me on my Way" - Rusted Root
: Goofy song, but fun as well. Great for the middle of the run as a pick-me-up.

"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand
: Entertaining song, completely different style but somehow very fascinating to listen to

"Fort Battle" - Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack (Trevor Jones)
: If you can't heard this, go buy this CD immediately! An intense, nonstop orchestration and I'm ready to run through walls after hearing this theme.

Last night, waited through a pretty nasty rain storm to get in an evening run. Weather was cool, breezy, and slightly humid. Crystal and I were both extremely sore from the hard weekend running, so decided on a flat out and back on the trails. Did 4 total, don't have the splits handy but I think something like: 9:02, 8:58, 8:47, 8:38. Legs were very tight, took a bit to get going but felt pretty decent towards the end. Light corework and stretching at night. Tonight, will do 6 easy, no desire to bust my butt on the track so will keep a nice, easy pace to get legs back to normal. Still sore, but definitely getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment