Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm alive...

Central Park!

Wesley Korir and Ryan Hall building a hospital, OT Men's 1500, Galen Rupp.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.  I'm back, and so is my running (what lack of).  Sorry to be so far out of the loop, but my mess of a travel schedule has killed my blogging and running.  And it isn't getting much better, although the Olympic Trials has helped some.

June 4th - June 10th - 38.5 miles.  Was in New Orleans and got to run on the riverfront as well as the French Quarter.  Really hot and humid, and ended up dreadmilling a couple runs.  NOLA was great, but killed all my energy with lack of sleep and travel.

June 11th - June 17th - 22 miles.  Highlight was 6x300 (2:03, 2:04, 2:06, 2:05, 2:04, 1:59) while feeling like complete crap but made it through.  Went to Peoria for the weekend for Father's Day, but crapped out of Steamboat.  Got my butt kicked in golf instead, so got in some mileage.

June 18th - June 25th - 20 miles.  I really had to think about when I actually did run.  It wasn't much, sadly.  Really struggled to get out the door and took more days off then ran.  Ran the Pride 5K with Tim in Tower Grove Park, and died after the first mile.  It was a decent summer day to run with shade on a great course, and just crapped out completely.  I should have won the race (18:51 was winning time), but 20:30 in a 5K doesn't win races.  Yes, that bad.

June 26th - June 30th - 11 miles.  Yes you read that right.  NYC for the week, but got in some awesome runs with Anne in Central Park, one of my favorite places in the world to run.  Almost pulled the traveling trifecta of running in Central Park, Lakeshore, and home in one day (slight layover in Chi), but crapped out.  Don't feel too bad about my sh*tty mileage, since we walked a good 10 miles a day around NYC.  Weather was perfect and just loved being out and about.  118 stellar miles in June, 992 miles for 2012.

Sunday, July 1st - 4 miles.  Ran late at night with Tim.  0 energy, and did a loop around town at a pretty slow pace.  Despite the record high heat, we had a somewhat decent night to run with a breeze to keep it cool.  Splits were: 10:04, 9:38, 9:35, 8:56.

Group run tonight, then Chicago this weekend for a wedding.  The big question is if I can summon the strength to get in an early Lakeshore run.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment