Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Olympics!


Kenyan domination, Paula is hurting, Amy Hastings and her Olympic experience, can Gharib medal in the marathon again?, the benefits of bad workouts, Mathew Kisorio tests positive for steroids, Bolt isn't worried,  more Bolt, Shalane, best Olympic moments, world marathon record will be difficult to beat, Tarmoh revisits the Trials dilemma (that she created for herself), top 100 Olympic moments, and finally the lovely Miss Kara Goucher.

Wednesday, July 25th - 0!  Fell into a deep sleep when I got home and slept for 14 hours.  This happens about once a month, and it's my body telling me I need rest.  And boy did I get it!

Thursday, July 26th - 4 miles.  Ran after work since it was overcast and considerably cooler (if you can call 90 degrees cool).  Pretty humid outside, but made my way for an out and back towards Troy.  I also wanted to test my new Ipod shuffle (got a heck of a deal on one, so uploaded some podcasts and gave it a whirl) since I have been running with my bulky Ipod Touch.  Much better.  Anyways, felt ok for the most part, but felt like it was harder than it should have been.  29:17 total (7:26, 7:24, 7:13, 7:04).  Saved 3 miles for Megan, but she was tired and it got too late and the couch was too comfty.  Yeah, yeah, yeah - excuses, I know.

Friday, July 27th - 6 miles.  Crystal dragged me out for an early Forest Park run.  Not much to say other than I was definitely hurting a bit towards the end, but mainly because we picked up the pace 45 seconds/mile.  48:40 on my watch.  Decent morning to run, but we were also done before 7 a.m. which helps :)  Great to see a nice crowd so early in the morning.

Olympics start today!  One of my favorite things to watch.  In honor, I plan on running every day so I don't feel like a complete slacker at some of the best athletes in the world compete for their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment