Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Binge Running

This is what I'm doing this week now that Marc and Trish are both headed to town over the weekend. Weather was gotten really nice of a sudden, so need to take advantage of this!

Thursday evening, slept all evening, forced myself out the door late at night for a run. Ran the neighborhood where I was housesitting - hilly and humid, but felt ok. Ran outside for about 30 minutes or so, got in close to 4 miles. Friday morning, met up with Brian and busted out a run. Weather was warm and sunny but pretty bearable. Did the same loop we did last time, and a little bit faster. We negative split coming back, and probably ran high 7 minute pace which felt decent. Total mileage: ~7 miles - ran for about 58 minutes. Walked on the golf course in the evening for some cross training.

Saturday, pretty much sweated away 80 lbs. on the golf course on a miserably hot day. Did not run that day because (a) it was too hot (b) was completely exhausted from our 5+ hour round. Sunday, got in a late 6 to finish out a solid running week. Was storming outside, so was fun to watch while lightly running.

Monday evening, took a monster nap (notice a reoccurring theme here?), then forced myself out the door for a run. Felt really good, and the weather was decent - a little warm, but the air was very still which sucked. Was finally home, so was good to be back in my regular environment, and decided on my customary out and back on the trails. Started out slow, but ended up picking it up. Knew I was going too fast, but it felt good to since I haven't really pushed it in a while. Last mile, there is a decent sized hill that usually gets me, but felt like nothing this time - obviously, one week of nonstop hills strengthened me up! Light corework and stretching afterwards. Total mileage: a little over 6 miles - total time out was about 43 minutes.

Track work tonight, then working on some heavy mileage over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment