Monday, April 27, 2009

Partners in Crime

I have been very lucky in my short running career to have the support of friends and family for all my major races. Even more special this year, some of my close friends will be participating with me in Chicago! Seeing these people will be frequently mentioned throughout this blog, let me do the quick introductions:


From Left to Right: Crystal, Pat, me, Shane, Tim postrace 2007 Rock 'N Roll Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville

Pat and Crystal are my primary training partners, who conveniently live 1 mile away from me. Crystal and I trained together last year when she was training for NYC and I was training for Chicago - we run pretty close to the same ability so it works out perfectly :) We all ran our first marathon together in 2005 in Chicago, so this is a homecoming of sorts. Crystal is perhaps the most decorated marathoner in our group, having completed Chicago, Boston, and NYC all before the age of 30! Pat is not signed up this year, but we are working on him to run for charity with all of us!


Shane is a runner who resides in Washington D.C. We ran cross country together in high school, and he began his second running career in 2006 when we ran the Rock 'N Roll Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon together. Since then, he has seen his times plummet through aggressive racing and hard work, and just ran his first marathon this January in Disney at a very impressive 3:39!


Tim is a Denver runner who began his career with us in cross country as well. In 2007, he ran his first 1/2 marathon in Nashville and has ran multiple races around the U.S. since then. Tim also made his marathon debut in Disney last January, and hopes to run a sub 4 hour marathon this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment