Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Top 2012 running stories, Delilah, and NYC race vs. subway!

Monday, December 17th - 5 miles.  Big River Christmas Lights Run!  Crazy amount of people there, so Tim and I took a different path and looped around the neighborhoods backwards before rejoining the pack.  Awesome to see 1000+ people out there, but the run is almost too big at this point with the crowds.  The lights looked amazing, and the families/homes outdid themselves this year.  9-10 minute pace - pretty slow.


Tuesday, December 18th - 9 miles.  I don't remember this very well, but it's in my phone at 7:58/mile pace.

Wednesday, December 19th - 9 miles.  Slow

Thursday, December 20th - 9 miles.  Slow

Friday, December 21st - 10 miles.  Happy Day off to me!  Ran out

Saturday, December 22nd - 12 miles (8 a.m., 4 p.m.).  Late morning run with Megan - out and back on the trails towards Troy.  Sunny and a bit windy, but nice to get out before our trek up north to see the family for Christmas.  Nice and easy pace (~9:55/mile), but we picked it up at the end.  Tacked on 2 extra to call it a morning before we took off.  P.M. - ran solo in Peoria neighborhood loop.  They got some snow the day before, so the sidewalks were covered in snow/ice so was a little tricky at a few spots.  Nice and easy pace, but the hills still suck.

Sunday, December 23rd - 4 miles.  Made Megan run my neighborhood loop at my parent's house - nice and snowy trails, but we were trying out her new Xmas present from me.  My quick viewpoints on the new watch is it's very small (good), and insanely fast to get a GPS signal.  The pacing doesn't jump around much at all (my Garmin can show paces anywhere from 5:10/mile to 10:10/mile when I'm doing 7:30's) and is very consistent.  The only bad thing is you can only display 2 things on the screen so between time/pace/distance, one of those aren't shown on the main screen (you can scroll on the next screen, but still a little inconvenient).  Cool watch though, and a good buy given the price.  Run was fine though - 10:10 average pace.  Didn't make it out the door again due to just fatigue and Christmas dinner, but didn't beat myself up too much over this.  We celebrated Christmas on this day, and was great to spend some quality time with my family.  58 miles this week, 185 miles in December, 1925.5 miles in 2012.  Legs are definitely getting abused with this high mileage, but the slower recovery pace on some of these runs are helping a ton.  Last week!

Monday, December 24th - 9.5 miles.  Got home from Peoria and literally forced myself to get out the door for a run.  Ran on the trails towards Troy, and headed back around town as well.  Legs were just jacked up, and my knees felt all of 33 years old.  S-L-O-W!!!

Tuesday, December 25th - 14 miles (8 a.m., 6 p.m.).  Merry Christmas!  Woke up later morning, and opened some presents and headed out for an a.m. run.  Ran loops on the roads by the track, and ran some circles on the track as well.  No idea of pace, but pretty slow.  P.M. - before dinner, headed out and did a loop around town - 270 loop and Glen Carbon.  Made myself get in a few extra miles to take advantage of the few days I have off, since it will only get harder on Thur/Fri when I work.  Legs were pretty beat up, and the last mile (fastest) was around 8:50.  Love it!

Wednesday, December 26th - 12 miles (8 miles early p.m., 4 miles evening).  Old Faithful with Crystal on a cold, winter day.  Legs felt poopish as usual, but went sans Garmin and prayed that Crystal wouldn't kill me. We got locked into a good pace, and finished with no problems albeit I was getting pretty tired at the end.  P.M. - passed out on the couch post run after eating a ton of leftovers, and woke up with about 50 minutes to run and get ready for dinner over in Webster.  Well, jumped back out into the cold night for 4 easy (270 loop plus neighborhood loop), then headed out to Milagro for a nice Mexican dinner.  Good drinks and decent food - may be back there sometime soon.  Early run was 1:01:35 (7:41/mile average pace), later run was 33 minutes and some change (8:17/mile pace).  On a less pleasant note, I weighed myself on Megan's new scale and was horrified to see 183 lbs.  So I have gained 5 lbs this last week or so, when I have been running almost 60 miles/week.  Not good.

4 more days to go.  39 miles.  This is starting to look like it may be possible.  I am going to take a big break when this is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment