Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy December!

Olympic Trails standards changed, NYC resolution - not anywhere in sight, impactful situps, Tera Moody, Lagat going for 2 Mile record.

Wednesday, November 28th - 8 miles - I don't remember this very well, but I know I did the mileage sometime in the evening around town.

Thursday, November 29th - 6 miles - late night once again.  My old 270/Glen Carbon loop.  Nice and slow.  Felt fat after eating candy all day.  I hate the holidays.

Friday, November 30th - 0!  Went to dinner in STL after work at a place called Sage (ok, nothing that special), then headed home.  Exhaustion kicked in from the long week, so crashed out by 9 p.m.  Not the way I wanted to end November, but it is what it is.  Rest is good.  208.5 miles in November - I'll take it.

Saturday, December 1st - 12 miles (8 a.m., 4 p.m.).  My long run was broken up due to a combination of sleeping in an extra hour and having to pick up my car from the autoshop (finally!).  So woke up around 8ish and got in 8 miles on the trail towards Troy, going out and back.  Hot outside - 70 degrees, and ripped off my shirt halfway through.  Can't believe I'm running shirtless in December.  Stopped quickly at home to pick up my wallet and phone, then headed to the autobody shop which is roughly 2 or so miles away.  Ran on backroads around town - legs were getting a little tired towards the end.  1:03:02 total (~7:53 mile average).  Later in the afternoon, got out and did Troy route again on the trail.  Had a bit of time constraint with some errands to do, so progressively got faster.  Was pretty overcast and windy, but felt nice outside and more importantly my legs felt ok.  Splits were: 8:26, 8:02, 7:43, 6:58.  At night, had a group of people come over for an Ugly Sweater Party!  Tons of fun - here are a few pics below:

Jenga!

Family photo

We're sexy and we know it


Sunday, December 2nd - 8 miles.  Late night around town.  Procrastination wins yet again, and suffered through another long run around town.  Legs were tired, and my body felt beat up - no idea of time at all, but pace was S-L-O-W.  44 miles this week, 20 miles in December, 1760.5 for 2012.

Monday, December 3rd - 6 miles.  Ran with Pat and Crystal, and did Crystal's 6 mile loop around town.  Ran with Pat for the first 1.5 miles, then dropped pace to try to catch Crystal which I eventually did.  Didn't feel too great after dropping pace, so was hurting the last couple miles.  I like the loop - definitely not flat, and goes by pretty quick.  45:18 total (~7:32 pace).

Tuesday, December 4th - 9.5 miles.  Hill workout with Joe.  Met at Visitor's Center after work and ran into Orrico, so did 4 mile warmup on the golf course with him and Joe.  The soft surface was awesome on the legs, and both guys had head lamps so was nice to run around the park and give the legs a break.  Ran over the Art Hill and did 10 hill repeats (~3-3.5 miles) without any breaks (jogged down and started right back up again).  Painful and tiring as usual - about 50-60% effort, and it just beats you up.  But a great workout nonetheless, and nice to see a couple people out there suffering with me.  Afterwards, ran around Forest Park and hit the soft trails in for a cooldown.  Very happy overall

Wednesday, December 5th - 7.5 miles.  Ran solo after work around town - ran to the trail, Village Circle loop, jumped on the trails, then weaved all around town.  Legs were tired, so wanted to keep it slow.  Watched my first mile split (7:52), then tried to keep effort light.  Well, good podcast + absolutely perfect running weather (high 40's, low 50's) equals happy legs.  So upon looking at my mile splits, I definitely pushed way too hard so shame on me.  ~7:25 average (7:52, 7:31, 7:22, 7:32, 7:30, 7:10, 7:15, 7:10 pace last 1/2 mile).  Part of this too was probably the hill workout - first mile, I thought I ran 9 minutes, but was way under it.

Easy run with Joe and Crystal tonight in Forest Park.  Running Pere Marquette trail race on Saturday with Craig and Justin - a race that I have always wanted to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment