Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mo-bot

Bolt and unlimited Chicken McNuggets, best Olympian?, top 10 Olympic moments, when will Mo run the marathon?, Olympic champ, David Rudisha, weakest athlete, blog of the men's marathon, top 50 Olympic moments by Sebastian Coe, and the lovely Miss Kara Goucher.

Monday, August 13th - 8 miles.  Big River group run with Crystal, Joe, Julie, and Tim.  Did the 7 mile loop, then ended up at DuBourgh for drills and strides.  Averaged 7:40's for the run, which felt pretty good actually.

Tuesday, August 14th - 7 miles.  Ran after work, I don't remember much of it but went ok because I don't have any bad memories or scars from it.

Wednesday, August 15th - 5 miles.  Again, don't remember this at all.  I really need to blog more often since my short term memory is going to sh*t.

Thursday, August 16th - 0!  Crapped out, but the rest day was nice with the upcoming workout over the weekend.

Friday, August 17th - 4 miles (31:29).  Ran nice and easy and zoomed through this one.  Out and back towards Troy in perfect weather - legs felt great.

Saturday, August 18th - 12 miles (2 up, ~7 miles tempo, 3 down).  Forest Park run with Crystal.  Perfect morning to get out, and the workout was the dreaded 2 mile loop for an hour at 7 min/mile pace.  Was a little concerned with my lack of fitness since I haven't done too much.  Warmed up, then got at it.  Felt pretty good starting out, but had troubles trying to get locked in to pace and getting into a good rhythm which is critical for these types of workouts.  The challenges of our Forest Park loop is it's rolling hills so hard to get locked in.  2nd lap - really was struggling up the initial hill, but got pretty locked in for a good 6 minutes before I really started to struggle.  The lack of hill workouts and speed for that matter were killing me.  The last stretch of the loop is a gradual incline that lasts about 1/3 of a mile - at that point, I knew I was toast, and needed to back off so I could help Crystal on the last loop.  Ran a mile pretty slow, then met her for the last loop.  Felt great at first, but had to fight through the gradual incline.  We had another 5-6 minutes to go, so went through the loop again part ways and ended close to the science center.  Cooled down, then stretched out for awhile.  Warmup/cooldown pace was all 8's, my workout splits were: 6:51, 6:50, 6:50, 6:50, 6:48, 6:45.  Will definitely take it, and the hills are a good 5-10 seconds extra effort on pace.

Sunday, August 19th - 0!  Yep, I suck.  Golfed during the day, then couldn't make it out the door.  I suck.
36 miles this week, 83 miles in August, 1108 miles in 2012.

Monday, August 20th - 3 miles.  600 METERS OF MADNESS - jogged up to DuBourgh for the first hopefully annual track meet event.  Just a blast, and ran my heat against Pat and Tim since there was nonstop trash talking all around.  We cut our race to 400 meters, and led off the festivities.  Lined up in lane 3, then took off as fast as I could since I pretty much had the disadvantage with leading the way in my lane.  Tim was hot on my tail, and kept trying to separate but really couldn't get him off.  At the 200, I was pretty tired, and tried to accelerate as much as I could on the turn.  Last 100, heard the equivalent of a sound of balloon popping (Tim exhaling and pretty much letting up), so I coasted in and Mo-botted across the finish line.  Cooled down, then watched the rest of the festivities which concluded with Gibbs beating Rich in the 600 meter showdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment