Friday, August 31, 2012

Crappy Mileage

Bolt runs 19.66, US American Marathon team to all run NYC, Boston being affected by new qualifying times, Meb, and more Meb.

Tuesday, August 21st - 7 miles.  Ran out and back on Troy loop, then tacked on a slow last mile at the end to cool down a little since I had gone out a little harder than I would have liked.  Felt better - long weekend took a lot out of me!  Splits were: 7:56, 7:59, 7:54, 7:54, 7:48, 7:43 (47:15), 8 something.

Wednesday, August 22nd - 6 miles.  I don't remember this run, but wrote down this mileage..

Thursday, August 23rd - 8 miles.  Home Depot Loop with Pat and Crystal.  Pat ran the first couple miles with us, then Crystal and I finished it out.  Felt pretty good, with the exception of my stomach almost blowing up.  1:09:47 total.

Friday - Sun - 0!  Chicago Bachelor Party with Marc and a group.  My sister said it was the first time she had never seen me not run in Chicago.  Just pitiful performance on my part.  24 miles this week, 107 miles in August, 1132 in 2012.  Struggling at my 2000 mile goal.

Monday, August 27th - 6 miles.  My return to running after a long weekend.  Laid on the couch all day until finally guilt crept in and went out at 10 p.m. to get in some mileage.  Felt like complete garbage the entire way.  Looped around Village Circle, then did the 270 route.  7:56 average

Tuesday, August 28th - 4 miles.  Ran late after work.  Just felt like complete crap, and had trouble moving in general.  I'm lucky to have gotten in 4 miles quite honestly.  No watch, but it wasn't very fast.

Wednesday, August 29th - 3 miles.  Had a scheduled dinner with a former coworker, so had to get this one in fast.  Was 95, hot and humid - not exactly ideal conditions.  Plans were to get in a quick 2, but thought I could get 1 more mile in if I pushed it.  Didn't feel too great, and the effort was way too hard.  Out and back towards Troy - last mile, was red lining but I had no time to spare and needed to get back.  If I didn't have the time crunch, I would have walked.  Thought my splits would have been better, but did all I could that day.  Splits were: 7:31, 7:14, 6:49.

Thursday, August 30th - 8 miles.  Early run with Crystal - out and back towards Home Depot.  Nice morning to run, but definitely humid.  Slow start, but then she and I got locked in and ran the middle 6 miles within 3 seconds each mile.  Legs felt like poop at the 2nd mile, but never got any worse.  Picked it up slightly on the last mile, but unintentionally.  1:07:15 total.

Trying to piece together a good weekend of running this Labor Day weekend.  If I can get to 40 miles, it will be considered a success.  So sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment