Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Butt Muscles

Geoffrey Mutai defends in Boston, Duel in the Sun, Paula will be ok with bronze in London, Boston entry process, and bandit racing.

Wednesday, April 4th - 6.5 miles (1.5 up, 4 mile tempo, 1 down). Nice day to get outside, so met up with Mike and Crystal at the track to do a workout. Crystal had mileage and drills, so kept her company towards the end and she did us a huge favor by calling out splits. Jogged our normal warmup, then headed a little further out to a local neighborhood that had a half mile loop. Ran the last mile and a half on the track. Anyways, weather was good and a bit of a breeze. Started out a little quick, but got into a great rhythm and finished strong. A good confidence booster, especially with the marathon relay coming up. 4 mile tempo: 25:37 (6:22, 6:29, 6:20, 6:12).

Thursday, April 5th - 6 miles easy. I might have gotten this switched with Wednesday's workout, but don't remember.

Friday, April 6th - 5 miles. Ran to Crystal's parent's house and back and did an additional mile around the neighborhood. Perfect to run outside - legs were poopy though.

Saturday, April 7th - 13 miles. Megan had her 20 miler, so decided to meet her part way out and run her in. Crystal did 2 with me on Old Faithful, before I continued on. Didn't really feel too hot, and was definitely struggling - didn't make it easier that I was dropping pace every mile, so by the time Megan and I met up I was down to 7:20's. Ran her in at a little faster than her marathon pace, and was happy to get through a long run and help her out as well. Don't remember total time, but averaged 7:40's going out and 10:50's coming in.

Sunday, April 8th - 5 miles. 2 easy with Crystal in her neighborhood, 3 solo. Legs felt like poop and my knee was bothering me, but what's new? 45 miles this week, 57 miles in April, 560.5 miles in 2012.

Monday, April 9th - 4 miles + drills and strides. Ran with Crystal and Tim during the Big River group run. Perfect running weather outside. Crystal showed us some new drills that would fire our glute (butt muscles). Felt like complete crap on the drills and strides. 36:24 total running which was a little more than 4 miles.

Tuesday, April 10th - 6 miles. Out and back towards Home Depot. My butt muscles were on fire from the 8 reps I did, which means I have clearly never used my butt muscles before. Yes, insert all the bad jokes here. Windy outside and cool. Strapped on the ipod, and got lost in catching up on sports talk radio. Felt pretty good outside, but made the mistake of checking time halfway through, and realized I was going out waaaay too fast. Regardless, my stupid self never lets me slow down, so finished it out, albeit I still felt fine and was going downwind coming home. 44:02 total, negative split every mile.

Forest Park tempo with Crystal tonight. Easy running the rest of the week until the marathon relay. Crystal, Mike, Gabe, and I are running the GO! St. Louis Marathon Relay this weekend, so working out all the details before making a run at this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment