Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Boston!

What your mind says in the marathon, Boston recap, US immigration is a pain, more Boston, will Mutai make the Kenyan Olympic Team?, Haile's last track meet coming up, Boston deferrals for next year - the true story, Jason Hartmann - top American in Boston, Rotterdam Marathon Recap, Wesley Korir, Jackie Pirtle-Hall wins STL Marathon, 1/2 marathon recap at STL, and a sad followup on the life of Sammy Wanjiru.

Sooooo many articles to go through that I wanted to share, so a quick post for today. But I digress, with a scary little story this morning. I was at a complete stop on westbound I-270 near Granite City/Pontoon Beach headed towards work, when I saw a car rapidly coming behind mewho hadn't realized I had been stopped. Well, he slammed on his brakes, the guy behind him must have not noticed and collided with him. In the 1.2 seconds I had to react, realized that they were going to slam into me so zoomed into the next lane and narrowly missed being part of that accident. If I were a betting man, the idiots were probably on their cell phones and not paying attention. Don't think anyone was hurt, but still a lesson to be learned: Pay attention to the other cards, idiots.

Monday, April 16th - 5 miles + drills. Nice and easy with Pat and Crystal - out and back to the track. This was Pat's return to running since his freak garden tool incident, so was nice to get out on a nice evening. Legs felt pretty crappy, but got easier as we moved along. 43:27 I think total.

Easy run today. Scheduled track work, but pushing everything back a day to give my legs another rest day. Looks perfect outside, so looking forward to getting out there after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment