Friday, July 1, 2011

Is it really July already?

The Boston Marathon, Allyson Felix the savior of US women's racing?, Asafa Powell rounding into shape with a 9.78 100, 80 year old Ed Whitlock continues to amaze, and Lukas Verzbicas is not only a great runner but a great friend.

Thursday, June 30 - 5 miles. Funny thing happened to me at work on Wed - sampled some meat with bourbon peppercorn seasoning, then all of a sudden started breaking out into hives which led to an emergency hospital visit, some heavy medication of benedryl and steroids, and consequently me passing out for 12-13 hours. Crystal dragged me out of my coma the next morning to meet her and Candace for scheduled 2x2 miles at tempo pace. Because of my grogginess, met them up at our Ebbets Field loop instead of subjecting myself to a fast warmup, which it typically is with those two masocists. To make a long story short, was a rough workout. Didn't feel too great, and was running on empty. Hit the first 2 miler in better than tempo pace, but the Killer C's had gapped me quite a bit so was pretty much running solo. Completely dead, started the 2nd rep but suffered a horrible death halfway through the first mile and knew I was done. Slowed it down for 5-10 seconds, but regrouped to finish strong and hit the goal pace. Jogged to meet them so I could run them in for their last quarter, and successfully did so. 2 miles down, did what I could with what I had so happy all in all. Splits: 12:45 (6:25, 6:20), 6:36.
Summer weather officially hit later this afternoon, so was very happy to get that out of the way.
170 Miles in July, 1042 for 2011.

Hopefully get in some deecnt mileage this weekend. Macklind Mile on Monday, and Timmy is back in town! Happy 4th of July everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment