Monday, December 20, 2010

Wrapping up 2010

Wow, just looked at the calendar, and realized we have only 11 more days left in 2010! Runners World realized that, and developed a nice year in review for 2010. Kara has ramped up her mileage for Boston, Haile signs with Johnnie Walker, and what the McMillan athletes are up to these days. In the next week, I will be developing my own year in review (personal and running world), my Brooks Adrenaline shoe review, and my plans for 2011.

Wednesday - 4 easy at night. Got home way too late, roads were still nasty and didn't do too much. Poor excuse, I know, but better than nothing.

Thursday - I am drawing a blank. I think I ran 4-6? I seriously don't remember.

Friday - 0! Got home at 9, late dinner, decided to save all my efforts for heavy weekend running.

Saturday - 16 at 7:38 average pace. Decent day, but the trails were a bit of a mess. Did Troy loop, went a different way because the ice that was around and ended up looking around the city of Troy. Didn't realize that I was going too fast, not the best idea especially in crappy conditions. Looped around my neighborhood, then stopped at home after 13 miles to grab some water and a quick bite to eat, and finished up afterwards. Felt great starting out, but felt like complete garbage at the end.

Sunday - 10 at 8:30 average pace. Ran with Mike (Crystal has been shelved with some nasty bug (get better soon, Crystal!)) in the early morning. Did a similar loop to the day before, had been snowing lightly in the morning, and trails were s-l-i-c-k! Shortened up the stride to combat potential slipping. Hip flexors/joints were a mess by the end of the run, really felt beat up.

On a brighter note, got my renewal from Brooks for 2011. I actually got upgraded to the P.A.C.E. Brooks team (Performance and Coaching Elite), which has some extra, nice perks so super excited and motivated to keep running hard for my sponsor for 2011! Thank you Brooks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment