Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Catchup

Sorry, have fallen behind. Here is my concise running update - more to come!

Tuesday - 0! Sore, just ran out of time in the day to get in anything productive so opted for rest

Wednesday - 0! Drove home to Peoria in a niec rain storm which stretched all the way up north. By the time I was done with all my work, it was 7 and time to meet the family out for dinner. Still raining when we were done, excuses, excuses, I know, but I was just too tired at that point to try to gut it out.

Thursday - 8, drills. Happy Thanksgiving! A little chilly, but not awful. Ran 8 around my parent's neighborhood and vicinity which is by no means flat, and my calves were just screaming when I was done. Hit 7:40 pace average, which I was pleased about but probably worked a little too hard. Ran out around Weaver Ridge, which is a really nice golf course/community about 3 miles away. Measured out 40 yards afterwards, and had some perplexed looks by the neighbors as I was doing form drills. Undid virtually everything with the Thanksgiving meal performance I put on later that night, but it was truly worth it!

Friday - 5 easy, long day since I had to drive to work in STL in the morning, and was just pooped.

Saturday - 8 easy with Ken. Met out in Alton for the Alton 10 miler, where I had a few friends running (Mike and Crystal included). Did an out and back on the course, which was dead flat. Brisk, but very sunny and a slight wind (into the wind going out, with the wind going back). Hit roughly 8:20 pace, last 2 miles were at marathon pace. Forgot my inhaler, but survived. Got pretty warm going in, and both of us were just having fun out there. Watched the race, to make a long story short, AMAZING PR performances from Mike and Crystal, and both got some nice bling (Mike was Top 35 male, Crystal was 2nd overall female!). Crystal's time was most particularly disturbing for me, as our hard runs this winter are going to be excruciating since she is getting faster by the day.

Sunday - 9 with Crystal. Forgot my inhaler again, dah! Cool, but sunny so was nice to get out there. Both of us were sore and tired, and just did an out and back on the G.C. trails. Looks like they finally repaired the other side of the trail, which will open up more options later. Felt ok for the most part, nice to get that over with early on. I think 8:30-8:45 average pace? 35 miles for the week, eek!

Monday - 6 with Crystal. Did my G.C. loop at night, had been raining all day/night but wasn't bad at all. Got pretty warm in my jacket, and almost ripped it off at a few points. Felt sore starting out, but felt pretty decent towards the end. I think it was about 8:10-8:20 average pace?

Tuesday - 7 total, 3.5 up, drills and strides, 2.5 down, 1 more afterwards. Cold and windy, winter is right around the corner. Bundled up for this one, was getting cold on the track doing drills. Strides felt ok for the most part, nothing too special, but didn't push at all and felt very fluid in my running form. Pretty curious to see how things go on Saturday for my 5K in Dallas...

Tonight, planning on 8 easy. and the weather looks nice and cold tonight. Stay warm, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment