Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Tourney Day!!!

Here is a quick update of my running week thus far. Monday, got home, was absolutely exhausted. Had dinner with Pat and Crystal (thank you Crystal!), watched the most ridiculous show on the travel channel ever called America's Worst Driver. In fact, here is a link to the actual episode. Pat and I were in hysterics watching this, and I was literally crying at the end. I think I wore myself out even more, so ended up in bed before 8 p.m.! Definitely needed the 11-12 hours of sleep that I got that night.

Tuesday, went to the Blues game with Barrel. Went downtown after work, used Barrel's treadmill to get in some repeats. Her gym has absolutely no air circulation and the heat was on, so I was immediately dying within 10 minutes in there. Did mile warmup, 2-800 meter repeats (~2:54 each), mile down, then opted to go outside and get in some cheap mileage since it felt like 85 degrees inside. Was under a massive time constraint, so didn't get in what I wanted to. Blah, but legs were still really tired so wasn't too upset. Total mileage: ~4-5 miles

Wednesday, got home after work and absolutely crashed out for a couple hours. Lack of sleep is really starting to get to me! Perfect day outside, dragged myself out and got on the trail. Nothing special to report, did out and back towards Troy. Weather was gorgeous - 60's and cool, lots of cute girls on the trail to pick me up :) Felt tired starting out (lack of food), but felt pretty good at the end. Total mileage: 8 miles - time out was 62-66 minutes.

Just trying to get in mileage today and tomorrow, then gear up for the big 20 miler (first one this segment!) that awaits on Saturday morning. Tim is in town, so I'm sure we will be getting into our usual trouble over the weekend! Also, the NCAA Basketball Tournament starts today, which feels weird I am not in Vegas but will make due over at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment