Monday, July 9, 2018

Summer Days

I'm starting to feel pretty good about myself.  Crushed 3 weeks of 40+ mile weeks, and my body seems to be holding up well.  The slower runs, and easy dreadmill runs are definitely helping ease myself back into the grind.  I may start incorporating some smaller workouts into my schedule, before fully transitioning speed work back into the schedule.

Thursday, July 5th - 4 miles (31:38).  This was going to be a day off, but honestly my legs are feeling fine, and for some masochistic reason felt up to the challenge of running 4 miles with Crystal during 102+ heat indexes.  Because it was so sunny, we started right on the trail and ran towards Troy and back.  Crystal was doubling, so we kept the pace honest, but overall felt decent.  On the way back, something weird happened - it got very cloudy and overcast, and a very strong cool head wind hit us for the last mile.  It felt absolutely glorious, and my interpretation was the Running Gods were blessing us for sucking it up during some crappy conditions.  I'll take it!

Friday, July 6th - 7 miles (3 miles (24:30), 4 miles (34:00)).  Got up nice and early, and decided to knock out a few miles.  Looped out on Glen Crossing Road to the trail, went out towards Troy, then headed back for an out and back.  Legs are still feeling ok, and negative split pretty easily.  Very nice to have some mileage in the bank, so early!  In the afternoon, knocked out another 4 miles, in the comfort of my hot garage and dreadmill.  Running still doesn't feel the best, but the really easy runs are starting to feel ok.

No daddy, that's mine!

Saturday, July 7th - 8 miles (1:07).  Woke up relatively early, on an absolutely gorgeous morning, and strapped in the kid for some stroller miles.  Ran towards Village Circle, and caught Crystal and Krista on the tail end of their workout (they CRUSHED it!), and we cooled down for a couple of miles on the trail.  Amazing how much easier it is to run when the temps are 30 degrees cooler!  Isaac crashed out towards the end of my run, so tacked on another neighborhood mile, and walked for another 30 minutes with him to hit a personal best for us (8 miles!).  

Some much needed back up help for my solo parenting weekend


Future Griller


Need to take advantage, so tacked on one more mile

Sunday, July 8th - 2 miles.  Suffered through 2 stroller miles around the neighborhood to get to my 40.  Don't feel sorry for me because of my self-induced state, but it's a good reminder that I am not 25 anymore, and I will feel every beer past 10 p.m.  To make matters worse, I had a complete relapse on my "diet", and ate a Big Mac and fries for lunch, and pizza for dinner, and consequently feel like complete poop today.  But I did ultimately survive my solo parenting weekend!  40 miles this week, 52 miles in July.

Back to the grind, this week.  Easy mileage tonight, then the plan is to do an easy fartlek tomorrow for some much needed turnover work!

No comments:

Post a Comment