Monday, March 10, 2014

Marchy march...

Salazar vs. Schumaker, 2014 World Indoors, and the Alan Webb story.

Monday, March 3rd - 7 miles.  Monday night group run with Kyle and Gibbs.  Broke away by the time we hit River Des Peres, and pretty much cruised in.  Cold evening, but warmer temps are on the horizon later this week.  Ice/snow on the roads made footing pretty difficult, and my legs felt pretty trashed by the time we were done.  59 minutes or so, total.

Tuesday, March 4th - ~5.5 miles.  Ran Forest Park with Craig and Gibbs.  Craig and I started out on the roads, since the trails were virtually unrunnable because of the ice.  Cruised for awhile, and ran into Gibbs with a couple miles to go and finished up with him.  Legs were still tired and were feeling the effects of a couple snow runs.  43:41 total.

Wednesday, March 5th - ~7.5 miles (1 up, 3 x (1 mile, 1K), 1 down).  Track work with Crystal, Craig, and Kyle at SLU.  Goal pace for workout was 6:00 min/mile for 1 mile, and 5:50ish for 1K repeats (3 min break between mile and 1K, 2 min break between sets).  In a nutshell, a rough workout for me.  Definitely struggled through the splits after the first set, and the effort was a lot more than it should have been.  On the last mile, I lost concentration and blew up a little, and Kyle ran the last 1K with me with instructions not to look at my watch once which actually resulted in my fastest split.  Legs were fried at the end, pretty ugly all around.  Splits were: 5:55, 3:39, 6:00, 3:45, 6:09, 3:38.

Thursday, March 6th - 6 miles.  Creve Couer Park during lunch.  Weather got pretty nice all of a sudden, and knocked this one out during the nice part of the day.  Very slow pace, legs were pooped still.  50-52 minutes.  Schlafly Oysterfest Festival at night - they fly in over 40,000 fresh oysters from various parts of the coasts for us to enjoy.  Killed about 2 dozen oysters in the process - delicious!

Round 1
Friday, March 7th - 0!  Coach Kyle nixed the second workout this week because I was still in recovery mode, and ended up taking the day off.  Much needed, as the time on the couch was foreshadowing my weekend of laziness.

Saturday, March 8th - 6 miles.  I slept almost 11 hours at night, woke up to eat a monster breakfast, then literally slept another 3 hours.  Not sure if I'm getting sick or what, but my body felt pooped!  Finally got out in the late afternoon for my run, and literally felt like I couldn't feel my body.  Chilly and a little windy, but made it through ok.  No watch, but my first mile was around 7:50 and didn't deviate much from that effort.

Franklin's laziness is contagious

Sunday, March 9th - 12 miles.  Crystal and I did Troy route on the trails on an absolutely perfect morning to be outside!  Sunny and chilly starting out, but warmed up with a slight head wind coming back.  We picked it slightly coming back - my legs started getting tired at around 9.5 miles, but made it in ok.  1:32:48 total.  Pretty much slept the rest of the day away - I love weekends.  44 miles this week, 58 miles in March, 387.5 miles in 2014.

Thanks Megan
Very sad to have missed my first Top of the Morning 5K in probably 10 years.  Just not where I want to be, but one step at a time!  Gorgeous weather the first part of this week, before the snow returns...

No comments:

Post a Comment