Friday, October 4, 2013

Mo Cowbell Eve

Wilson Kipsang and his world record...

Wednesday, October 2nd - 9 miles (2 up, 3 x 2 miles (3 minutes rest), 2 down).  A very warm and humid evening to get in my workout, and even more challenging was the Dewey's pizza I had a couple hours before I started running.  Warmed up for 20 minutes around my neighborhood, before starting my workout on roads of Glen Carbon.  Felt like a lot of effort, but eased into my second repeat ok and looped onto 159 headed back since I wasn't ready to encounter the nasty hill headed home for this workout.  I was struggling through the first mile, but felt much better once I opened up my stride a little and quit worrying about my splits which is a bad habit (especially at night with all the wasted energy).  Legs were really starting to get tired, and I was sweating massively from the humidity.  Last rep, went out too hard, and pretty much let it all get to me and stopped a little past the first mile - wasn't mentally there, and was exhausted and not wanting to work this hard.  So jogged it in and stretched out for awhile.  Splits were: 12:55 (6:27, 6:28), 12:54 (6:30, 6:24), 6:21.  

Thursday, October 3rd - 4 miles.  Nasty humid run after work - out and back on the trails towards Troy.  Nice and slow, nothing crazy to report.  No watch, so I had no time but it was somewhere between 34-38 minutes.  Blues home opener at night with Colby - Blues win 4-2!

Just got back from packet pickup for Sunday's race.  Had a nice talk this morning with Coach Kyle about race plans, and I have been banned from running with my Garmin and instead will trust my body and run by feel.  I don't have much expectations, but feel relatively good.  This block hasn't gone perfectly, but we've gotten a lot accomplished.  Think good thoughts for me on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment