Friday, June 24, 2011

Mile Repeats

Happy days for a running nerd like me! USA Outdoor Championships, Shalane wins the 10K in a course record time, Galen Rupp/Shredder also wins the 10K with a tremendous kick at the end, and some awesome pictures from the event.

Thursday, June 23 - 8 miles (3 up, 3x1 mile tempo pace, 2 down). Another fantastic day outside (70's, sort of overcast but windy). Candace joined Crystal and I for the workout which was awesome. Was taking my trash out before going over to C's when I realized I locked myself out of my place. Because of time, jogged over there for an extra mile and then ran up to Ebbets for our workout. Me being a realist, I figured that 6:36's weren't going to hold up and announced I was aiming for 6:25-6:35 and not going for the glory of some crazy splits. Well, that didn't hold up either, and we demolished those standards on our way to a fantastic workout. Held back a bit and pretty much coasted through the repeats (minute rest in between) without pushing too hard. Had some breathing issues on the last one, but not enough to slow me down. I'm 4 weeks overdue on refilling my medication, and need to do that ASAP. Ran 2 in, called it a day. Very controlled effort on tired legs, very pleased. Mile splits: 5:58, 6:03, 6:04

Off today, stuck on 999 miles for the year!!! Probably running a 5K for fun over in Collinsville on Saturday. Need to take advantage of the great weather, and Mike and Crystal are running too so hopefully we can bring in some bling for Team Sullentrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment