Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More on Haile

Didn't realize Haile had a Twitter account; also, one more article via the New York Times concerning his unretirement.

Was running super late for dinner with the Harrisses, so was forced to get in a very quick run. The schedule said easy 6, but I didn't have much time and ended up pushing the pace a bit. Weather was cool and absolutely perfect, and legs felt decent. Chose the trail out and back with G.C. 270 loop, pretty hilly and challenging but fun as well and somewhat scenic. Felt ok starting out, and got into a decent rhythm and was knocking off miles pretty quickly. Pushed it on the last mile coming up that last huge hill, and felt like I was flying. Perfect night to run, and I was really pleased with the splits which I really wasn't shooting for. Breathing was a bit messed up when I was done and had a slight coughing fit which caused some concern, but went away eventually. I wonder if I need to do some track work to see if I can even race a 5K without problems? Something to think about for next week. Total mileage: 5 miles - splits were: 6:40, 6:34, 6:37, 6:34, 6:19.

Easy 7 with drills tonight with Crystal. Really happy that I can run at near full capacity again and enjoying the awesome fall weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment